Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Threads

Alright, so hopefully i'll be able to put up albums once in a while. Since I just started, I cant help myself and upload so many at a time. I guess you could say im anxious.

I haven't taken the time to listen enough to This Will Destroy yous self title release. I looooove Young Mountain Ep; at first I realized how awesome yet short that whole ep was. I did want longer songs and this is what you find in their newest release, but i found that most instrumental bands have these extremely long songs that could be shortened, but then again it works for some bands (Godspeed). This release has really good songs, I dont think this band will ever let anyone down. A Three Legged Workhorse is probably one of the most appropriate intros; it has this inviting start that leads to a hard unexpected breakdown, then cools off once again.
I have to keep listening to this record and carefully find everything I like about it and things I dont really like (probably wont happen)

This Will Destroy You- s/t


1. A Three-Legged Workhorse
2. Villa Del Refugio
3. Threads
4. Leather Wings
5. The Mighty Rio Grande
6. They Move On Tracks Of Never-Ending Light
7. Burial On The Presidio Banks

No comments: